2018 Apprentice & Optician License Renewal Applications
Online license renewal for 2018 is now open. Online renewal provides you with the following benefits:
- Security of information: Your personal information will be transmitted in encrypted form directly to the Board office.
- Payment options: You can pay your renewal fees with a credit/debit card (Visa/MasterCard/Discover) or E-check.
- Faster processing of applications: You will receive an electronic application and fee receipt (if you paid electronically) within 48 hours of submitting your renewal application. Processing time will also be greatly reduced.
- Reduced risk of application errors/returned application: You will be notified of any missing or incomplete information (including insufficient CE credits), reducing your risk of a returned application.
- A visual record of your license history: You will be supplied with your own web portal granting you access to your license information, including a PDF copy of your renewal application and a fee receipt.
Online renewal is not mandatory. You may submit paper forms to the Board office beginning December 15th, however, please do not include CE credit slips with your renewal application. The Board will be auditing random licensees to ensure compliance with CE credit requirements. If you are contacted for an audit, you will be asked to mail your credits to the office at that time. You are required by law to keep proof of your continuing education courses for 3 years after the course date. Printable renewal forms are available here: